Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology
- Solo practice, Dermatology, Crawfordsville, IN 1989 – 2005
- Spencer Dermatology Associates, LLC 2005 – present
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois BSc 1981
University of Illinois College of Medicine,
Chicago, Illinois M.D. 1985
Honors in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn,
Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Neurology,
Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Family Practice
Univ. of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Internal Medicine 1985 – 1986
Univ. of Louisville, Louisville, KY, Dermatology 1986 – 1989
Chief Resident, Division of Dermatology 1988 – 1989
American Board of Dermatology (lifetime) 1989
Continuing Medical Education:
Certification from American Board of Dermatology
American Academy of Dermatology (Fellow)
Dermatology Foundation, Annenberg Circle
Indiana State Medical Association
Indiana Dermatology Society
- “Porokeratosis.” In eMedicine Dermatology, an online dermatology textbook.
- “Porokeratosis.” In: UpToDate, JK Robinson, Ed. 2015.
- Callen JP, Spencer LV, Burrus JB, et al: Azathioprine: An effective, corticosteroid-sparing therapy for patients with recalcitrant cutaneous lupus erythematosus or with recalcitrant cutaneous leukocuytoclastic vasculitis. Arch Dermatol, Vol 127; 515-522, April 1991.
- Purcell KG, Spencer LV, Simpson PM et al: HLA antigens in lichen sclerosus et atrophicus. Arch Dermatol. Vol 126; 1043-1045, August 1990.
- Spencer LV, Callen JP: Primary cutaneous B-cell lymphoma presenting as hypertrophic stasis dermatitis. Clin Dermatol, 1989.
- Roth DE, Spencer LV, Ahrens EM: Cutaneous reactions to drugs used for rheumatologic disorders. Clin Dermatol.
- Spencer LV, Callen JP: Cutaneous manifestations of bacterial infections. Dermatologic Clinics 7: 579-589, 1989.
- Spencer LV, Callen JP: Hair loss in systemic disease. Dermatology Clinics 5: 565-570, 1987.
- Spencer LV, Fowler JF: “Thin mint” cookie dermatitis. Contact Dermatitis, Vol 18: 186-186, March 1988.
- Fabre VC, Sewell C, Spencer LV, et al: A unique presentation of syringocystadenoma papilliferum. Southern Med Assoc, November 1989.
Clinical Trials and Studies:
- A 10-Year, Post-marketing, Observational, Registry to Assess Long Term Safety of HUMIRA® (Adalimumab) in Adult Patients With Chronic Plaque Psoriasis (Ps). ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00799877.
- Experience Diagnosing, Understanding Care, and Treatment with Enbrel in Psoriatic Arthritis (EDUCATE in PsA) Amgen Protocol 20030106, 2003 – 2004.
- A Phase IIIb, Open-Label, Multicenter Study To Evaluate the Safety of 1.0 mg/kg Subcutaneously Administered Efalizumab In Adults with Moderate To Severe Plaque Psoriasis, Including Those Who Are Receiving Concomitant Antipsoriatic Therapies Or Have Recently Transitioned From Systemic Therapies, Genentech Protocol #ACD2782g, 2004.
- Assessment and Tracking of Long-term Alefacept (LFA-31gG1 Fusion Protein) Safety (“ATLAS”) Biogen Idec Study C-736 (2003 – present)
- A prospective clinical trial investigating the potential liver toxicity of acitretin.
- Elder, First Christian Church, Crawfordsville, Indiana
- Team Leader for Local and Global Outreach, First Christian Church, Crawfordsville, IN
- Board Member, Montgomery County Medical Care Trust
- Montgomery County Art League
- Past activities: Trustee, Christian Theological Seminary; USA Swimming Official; Board member: Family Crisis Shelter; Montgomery United Foundation For You; Montgomery County’s Junior Miss; American Cancer Society; Editorial Board, The Paper of Montgomery County; AIDS Advisory/Drug-Free Schools Committee, North Montgomery School Corporation
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Friday:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|